JOIN EARTHWATER THIS SATURDAY, October 14th for the 2017 DFW TourdeCure @ Southfork Ranch!!! Our cycling foursome includes leader and Advisory Board member Ed Opka, with President and former MLB player Cash Riley, Jr. leading our walking crew! Being the American Diabetes Association’s largest fundraising event, you and/or your team can Ride, Run or Walk with thousands of other participants from around the country to:
· Raise Diabetes Awareness
· Help Fund Life-Saving Research
· Stand Together Against Discrimination
It’s not too late to REGISTER and/or DONATE ! WEBSITE HERE
MAKE AN IMPACT FOR THIS GREAT CAUSE!
In efforts to raise awareness and lower the incidence of diabetes, we want to share with you some FACTS taken from this year’s National Diabetes Statistics Report published by the Center for Disease Control, LINK:
1. An estimated 30.3 million people of all ages – or 9.4% of the U.S. population – had diabetes in 2015
· 25.2% of adults 65 years or older have diabetes
· Prevalence of diabetes was higher among American Indians, Asians, non-Hispanic blacks, and Hispanics
· About 132,000 children and adolescents younger than age 18 years are diagnosed with diabetes
· Counties in the southern and Appalachian regions of the United States tend to have the highest prevalence of diagnosed diabetes
· There are more women with diabetes than men
2. Diabetes was the seventh leading cause of death in the United States in 2015.
3. The total direct and indirect estimated cost of diagnosed diabetes in the United States in 2012 was $245 billion.
· After adjusting for age group and sex, average medical expenditures among people with diagnosed diabetes were about 2.3 times higher than expenditures for people without diabetes.
4. Of those 18 years and older diagnosed with diabetes(2011-2014)
· 15.9% were current smokers
· 87.5% were overweight or obese
· 40.8% were physically inactive
· 73.6% had high blood pressure
· 58.2% had High Cholesterol
· 15.6% had an A1C value higher than 9%
You can’t afford to wait! Join us and the ADA today! Ride or Di-abetes!